Grantmaking Focus Areas – Fall 2022:
- Pathways Out of Poverty
- Climate Action
- Initiate a model of grantmaking that builds trust-based relationships.
- Accelerate the impact of highly effective organizations.
- Provide flexible resources to allow selected grantees to build capacity, innovate and lead.
Grant Type, Amount and Restrictions:
- Organizations considered for support must demonstrate:
- a track record of success that shows programmatic achievements against stated goals.
- strong financial health with a commitment to fiscal transparency and oversight.
- well-informed, active governance by the organizations’ Board of Directors.
- that the primary population(s) served by the organization reside in the Twin Cities metropolitan area (for poverty focus area only).
- a commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity in programmatic activities, operations and governance.
- legal compliance and current classification by the IRS as a tax-exempt non-profit.
- The Wilson Foundation prioritizes funding to organizations that demonstrate they collaborate effectively and solve problems pragmatically.
- Grants will be awarded for unrestricted support only.
- Applicants can request support in the range of $150-$250K and determine the term over which the entire amount will be expended (generally 12-36 months).
- The Wilson Foundation does not provide support to religious organizations for religious purposes or for activities that are considered lobbying.
- The application process for the 2022 giving cycle is now closed.
- Applications for grants were by invitation only.
- Grant awards will be paid in full before the end of the 2022 calendar year.