- primarily awarding unrestricted grants
- seeking to be transparent and responsive
- streamlining processes and paperwork
- doing our homework and proactively getting to know prospective applicants
Areas of Focus and Priorities:
- Pathways Out of Poverty
- Employment training/workforce development programs that lead to high quality, sustainable jobs and career pathways
- Affordable rental housing and expanded homeownership in order to provide stability and create generational wealth
- Policy initiatives that increase equity, opportunity and economic prosperity
- Climate Action
- Creation and implementation of climate action policy at state and local community levels that lead to effective and economically just outcomes
- Education and outreach efforts that help accelerate clean energy transition/decarbonization
- Clean energy workforce development initiatives targeted to underserved communities
Geographic Focus and Restrictions:
- The Wilson Foundation currently prioritizes funding to organizations and initiatives based in Minnesota which primarily serve communities within the state.
- The Wilson Foundation does not provide support to religious organizations for religious purposes or for activities that are considered lobbying.